Monday, March 11, 2013

Delirium: TV Show

****Caution if you find caps lock annoying, read no further****
Okay before I post what they say, I'm gonna fangirl a bit here. OHMIGOSH OHMIGOSH OHMIGOSH!!!! ALEX IS THAT YOU!!! JULIAN GET OUT OF MY TV! OHMIGOSH MS.OLIVER I LOVE YOU!!!! YOU HAVE A PERFECT MIND!!! *weeps dramatically* My life....it has a purpose! I feel so...so...so....UHMAYZING!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! HERE TAKE A FLOWER AND A BUCKET OF RAINBOWS AND SPARKLES!

From Le Source:

The adaptation rights to Lauren Oliver's hit dystopian Delirium Trilogy were scooped by Fox 2000 back in February, 2011 and while book three is still unreleased at this time, some production news has now come down on that project.
Rather than being adapted into a film series, as is common for the YA Fiction genre these days, Oliver's series will be readied for the small screen!
As announced by TV Line on Tuesday, Prison Break's Karyn Usher scripted and will produce the Fox-ordered drama show.
Oliver responded to the news on her Tumblr page yesterday, writing that the network "decided that due to the complexity of all the side plots and characters, the Delirium series might be better suited for TV, as we’d have a chance to explore all of those elements." Evidently, this has been her authorial preference all along, too.
"I know that some of you are concerned that a TV show will be 'untrue' to the books," she further wrote, "due to the need to add content in order to flesh out the story to a full season. Never fear! Look, the books will always be the books. No adaptation, either for film or TV, will or can completely replicate and remain faithful to them—it’s a totally different art form!" This'll certainly be something to keep a watchful eye on.




2 comments:

  1. You know I have yet to read these books, I know... I know: SHAME!
    But I'm excited for the show ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally read the series(: The first one (so far) is by far my fav! TEAM ALEX!

      Delete