Thursday, June 13, 2013

Review: Deeper We Fall

ebook, 280 pages
Published January 24th 2013 by DRC Publishing

*author provided*

~Sorry it took so long to post, I finished it a long time ago. Thought I posted it. Guess I'm crazier than I originally thought.~

Summary:   


Two years after her best friend was involved in a car accident that caused a traumatic brain injury, Lottie Anders is ready to start her freshman year of college. Ready to move on. Ready to start forgetting the night that ripped her life apart.

Her plans come to a screeching halt when not one, but both brothers responsible for the accident end up back in her life again.

Zack is cruel, selfish and constantly rubbing what happened to her friend in Lottie's face.

Zan is different. He listens to her awkward ramblings. He loves "To Kill a Mockingbird" as much as she does, and his dark eyes are irresistible. His words are few and far between, but when he does speak, she can't help but listen.

The trouble is, Zan was the driver in the accident, and now Lottie's discovered he lied to her about what happened that night. Now she must decide if trusting him again will lead to real forgiveness, or deeper heartache.


 The cover is nothing like the book. It's amazing but doesn't properly portray the book. At first when I saw the cover I thought it would be some sort of epic steam punk romance. It was an epic romance...but it was contemporary. 

“I can't take anything you don't give me. Stop giving me power over your life.”

This was really cool. Love is all about finding your other half right? Well, what if that person was responsible for the brain damage of your best friend...or at least that's what you and everyone else thinks? Only he know the truth.
She's done her best to avoid him at all possible cost, and it hasn't been hard. He's been shipped off to some mental school. 


“No sense in worrying about the past. It's not going to worry about you.” 


But, fate happens...and your gonna find them one way or another.
When you fall in love...or at least when they (finally chose to accept it) they find themselves in each other.
Through trial and error, downfalls and triumph love will, in the end (hopefully) find its way.
But how much is too much?
I love the way this book was written, I love the witty sense of humor, the twindar, and the romance. What can I say? I'm a hopeless (and I do mean hopeless) romantic.




 Jackie  

2 comments:

  1. this one sounds like a lovely, romantic read! the cover is definitely gorgeous, but it doesn't tell me too much about the story. i'll have to keep my eye open for this one! lovely review, jackie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally was!!! And yes..the cover is amazing, but it didn't think it really related to the book-like at all.
      Thanks for stopping by
      Jackie(:

      Delete