Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins : Review

Paperback, 368 pages
Published July 9th 2013 by Speak (first published September 29th 2011)
original title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
ISBN: 0142422010
Summary
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

 Booh. I was disappointed with this book. I don't like saying that about one of my favorite authors. Sad face. 

I don't really know how to review this but here it goes: this book was predicable and Lola was a little annoying. Cricket was my favorite character because he actually made sense. O.O

Well besides Anna and St. Clair OBVIOUSLY. Surprised they're in this book? Don't be. And they are just as cute here as they were then.

Okay. I really don't know what to say. Sorry. I'll just give you some quotes I love.

“I know you aren't perfect. But it's a person's imperfections that make them perfect for someone else.”  

"But he couldn't concentrate on the moon. He was too distracted by the stars."

"And I held my head high toward my big entrance, hand and hand with the boy who gave me to moon and the stars."



Jackie      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment