Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Eversea Book Tour {Review}

Hey y'all welcome to my review stop on this amazing tour! If you haven't read this book...you seriously need to run and buy it!! Make yourself at home!

Eversea by Natasha Boyde
Goodreads / Amazon

An orphaned, small-town, southern girl, held hostage by responsibility and self-doubt.

A Hollywood A-list mega-star, on the run from his latest scandal and with everything to lose. 

A chance encounter that leads to an unlikely arrangement and epic love affair that will change them both forever. 

When his co-star and real-life girlfriend is caught cheating on him with her married and much older director, A-list hottie, Jack Eversea, finds himself in sleepy Butler Cove, South Carolina. Jack hopes the sultry southern heat in this tiny coastal Lowcountry town will hide him not only from the tabloids and his cheating girlfriend, but his increasingly vapid life and the people who run it. He doesn’t count on meeting Keri Ann Butler. 

Keri Ann has relied on herself so long, dealing with her family’s death and the responsibilities of keeping up her family's historic mansion, that boys and certainly the meager offering of eligible boys in Butler Cove, have never figured into her equation. But fate has other plans. Suddenly face to face with the man who played the movie role of her favorite fictional character, Jack has Keri Ann yearning for everything she has previously avoided ... and Jack must decide whether this funny, sassy girl is worth changing his life for, before his mistakes catch up to him.


“How did he look at me?" I whispered, suddenly craving validation of Jack's feelings from anyone but myself and my subjective imagination.

Joey sighed, resigned. "Like you were the last chopper out of Baghdad, the last IV in the field hospital, the last funnel cake at the fair"

I’ll be honest- I want looking forward to Eversea. I wanted something different and new and I didn’t think that Eversea would be it. I can even remember me thinking ‘this better be good or I’m going to bed’ and I never think that. It wasn’t that I didn’t think I’d like it, I  thought I would but I just wasn’t in the mood for a contemporary. Or so I thought. Turns out Eversea was beyond perfect. It was beautiful and amazing and just wonderful. I had the Southern feel with the muggy weather and a small town feel where everybody knows everyone. It had a preacher who made it his mission in life to set out main girl, Keri Ann, up with his son. It had a best friend who, like every girl in America, fell in love with Jack Eversea through the tabloids.

Despite me being a Debbie Downer in the beginning, as soon as I picked up my Kindle and started the book, it was love. Love love love love love. I love it. Keri Ann has a unique voice and she’s just so ordinary. It was refreshing. I mean yes, we learn later that she’s really drop dead gorgeous, but she just doesn’t think about it or doesn’t realize it or whatever. She works as a waitress and actually likes her job because she gets to talk to everyone. She’s an artist. She is pretty much the definition of girl power.

Jack. Oh Jack. Mmmm. Jack. I mean what. *blushes furiously* He is an utter idiot and is totally whipped when it comes to Keri Ann. Its ffuurreaking adorable and I want one. I want one!!! He just got over a bad break upish sort of thingamabob. Anyway, he comes to Lowcountry to escape his paparazzi and odd girlfriend situation and runs into Keri Ann who puts him in his place. (hehehe) After being told off they sit down (well he does, she closes up the diner) and they’re done for. I really like Jack, despite what stupid things he does, he never lies. He’s used to be treated like an actor but Keri Ann treats him like the person he is.

For them its love at first sight but it doesn’t act like it. You know what I mean. I mean first its attraction and annoyance then more then love.  Y’all know I’m a romantic and I hate insta love. What’s in Eversea is anything but. It real and fierce and not at all perfect.

Boyde does an excellent job with character development and word choice and he writing style is amazing. The cliffhangers were well done and that ending will definitely get people to read the next book. Yup.


Overall, there were a few minor things that I did not like. Very minor. *applause*


No comments:

Post a Comment