Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Review: Southbound Surrender (20 second review)

Southbound Surrender by Raen Smith
Goodreads
Published: January 23, 2014
Thank you Netgalley for giving me this book to review. In no way did this sway my opinion.

Summary

Five days. Fifty square feet. One last shot at love. 

Cash Rowland first laid eyes on the tenacious and irresistible Piper Sullivan when they were both seventeen. He falls for her hard and just when he thinks she's doing the same, Piper is torn from his life without warning. She leaves no contact information but only a vague promise of fate. 

Five years later, their paths unexpectedly cross. When he shows up with his eighteen-wheeler unannounced, Cash persuades Piper to head out on the open road to give him one last shot at love. But what should be a routine delivery across six states suddenly becomes an unforgettable journey when they save a woman with a broken past and discover that second chances are only for the lucky ones.



The cover is gorgeous and the story sounded epic, sadly, my extreme dislike of the characters made me not able to even complete this book. I really wanted to like this one, but the characters were just frustrating to read. One is a liar and the other is just. . . frustrating. I only got to about 20% before I just couldn’t read any more, but I’ve heard it got better at around 80%. I didn’t make it.

Anyways, this one lacked the New Adult quality that was promised in the summary, and because the voices felt more immature (even though they were end of high school/ college) I thought it was more Young Adult.


Overall, I can’t recommend this book. 

But the cover is gorgeous!!

Have y'all had some not so wonderful books? Care to share? 


No comments:

Post a Comment