Friday, April 25, 2014

Review: Tears of Tess

Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters
Publsihed: August 28, 2013
Goodreads
Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a copy to review. In no way did this sway my opinion.

Summary

A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough.

“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”


Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility. 

For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.

But lusty paradise is shattered.

Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror. 

Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.

Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?

Monsters find each other in the dark.

This book is stuffed to the rim with raw emotion, twisted obsession, warped love and a new kind of danger that one can only have nightmares about. When Tess gets taken from her less than perfect life into a dirty, gritty and sexy new world, she defies the odds and stays strong. Tess is kidnapped from her beautiful world with her boyfriend and her parents who rather she didn’t exist. She was taken. Stolen. But while she was stolen, she was also given wings.

Now, believe me: I know what you’re thinking. That you’ll never read this book. I mean why would you? It has sex slavery and human trafficking. Let me tell you why you would. The way Pepper Winters writes is so beautiful. The words seem to become life-like in their nature. They leap of the pages and dance in the darkest depths of your subconscious. The writing feels as natural as breathing. I don’t really know how to convey the amazing-ness of the writing. It just feels right.
 “A human is adaptable. A human heart is not.” 
Also, while this book is dark and gritty, it’s not bad. You know what I’m saying? The way everything was portrayed felt like she was doing more than escaping the cage she’d been put in but also growing into herself as a woman. She did a lot of growing up in TEARS OF TESS. She realized that while she did love her boyfriend, she wasn’t in love with him as she once was. The just wanted different thing.

Tess was an amazing MC. She was strong and stood up for her freedom- even when she didn’t know she already had it.

Oh, and Q is *fans self* I mean that last thing he said was…sweet.


Overall, this was a truly exceptional book full of redemption, second chances, self-discovery and well…an interesting combo of love and lust. 

I think I may be the last one to read this. *looks around internet* Yup. Totally last. Since apparently everyone read this one before me, what did y'all think?



2 comments:

  1. Talk about a mind screw. This book left me utterly confused about what to think. I was just as drawn to it as I was disgusted by it. From page to page I didn't know what to think or feel. Yet I think those mixed emotions makes it a special book and shows talent and uniqueness. I'm happy to see you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I was utterly confuzzled about what to think about my emotions while reading this one. And those emotions make this book a. . . unique read!
      Happy reading
      Jackie~

      Delete