Friday, October 10, 2014

The Lovely and The Lost by Page Morgan {Review}

The Lovely and The Lost by Page Morgan
Copy via Publisher + Netgalley
Goodreads

Synopsis

Ingrid and Gabby survived the Underneath. They saved their brother, Grayson, from a future of dark servitude and exposed a plot to undermine the Alliance. But danger still lurks in the streets of Paris, and the Dispossessed, perched on the city's bridges and rooftops, might not be able to save their human wards this time.













How the hell am I supposed to put thoughts down for a book that I don’t even know what to think about? Am I supposed to lie and say this this book was so freaking perfect that I can’t even. But that’s not true. I don’t know what I’m supposed to say, y’all. Okay, so I’ll say this: the first book was perfectly epic. It was gargoyles and forbidden romance and beautiful clothing and Paris. I mean how can you go wrong with Paris? Or hot guys? That’s right. It’s really, super-dee-duper hard to. But in The Lovely and the Lost, something changed. And I’m sorry *looks from under eyelashes* we need to break up.

I just wasn’t feeling this book. At all. I was actually rather bored for the first part (50%) of the book. Then came the action and I was all like HELL YEAH! BOOH YAH! And it was good and fun and exciting. I was on the edge of my seat. I was anticipating and hoping and rooting and cheering. Then, I was let down. And confused. Oh so very confused.

I love Luc. And Vander is friend zone material, if you ask me.

Honestly, I really don’t have much to say about this book other than the ending was very dramatic. And not the good kind of dramatic. It was the kind that makes me not really want to read the next one. It disappointed me. Maybe I wouldn’t have been to let down if I didn’t positively freaking adore THE BEAUTIFUL AND THE CURSED.


So everyone. Read the first one in the series because it is perfect. But don’t have as high of expectations of the second one as I did. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it more.

 Most the reviews I've read of this one were raving. Did I miss something? 


No comments:

Post a Comment