Monday, December 28, 2015

All the Jazz of 2015

HOLY FREAKING DOUNTS AND CHEESEBALLS AND PEANUTS ALMIGHTY.

I graduate high school in June. Do you understand? I freaking graduate high school in June.  I HAVEN'T EVEN ORDERED MY CAP AND GOWN YET. WHAT AM I DOING?

I STILL HAVE TO GET MY YEARBOOK.



What am I doing?

Well, let me tell you what I'm doing.

I published children's book, all of the proceeds going to The Children's Heart Foundation. I'm officially an Intern for the awesome and all-knowing women's health and feminist blog The FloDown starting, well, January 1.

I'm still running this blog and am making fantastic friends. Like Tika and Brian and my darling author friend S. Usher Evans.

Tika and Brian are my New Adult besties. Besides these two being total kick-butt bloggers, they've also listened to my rants (COUGH TOUCH ME NOT COUGH) (COUGH L A ROSE COUGH)

(COUGH THE BONE SEASON COUGH)

I coordinated Self-Worth Week. This promoted self-worth for everyone. Authors and bloggers shared their thoughts, gave me books to donate to my school, as well as books to giveaway to readers.

I loved a lot of books. Besides the one's above, I also reviewed these twelve show-stoppers: Come Back to Texas by K.K. Hendin, The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons, After the Rain by Renee Carlino, Until You Find Me by Amber Hart, Joyride by Anna Banks, Boys Like You by Juliana Stone, It's You by Jane Porter, Moonshine by Tess Oliver, A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston, The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett, Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins, Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom.

Then there was that time I cringed SO HARD at this one.

I talked about superpowers, strong YA females, Noah Shaw (what year is complete without my love?), and cute clothes.

I talked about music.

I gobbled up these pretty words like they were pie on Thanksgiving:

"She was not my kind, yet there was some power to her that was not human, not quite. She did not die, and I wondered if I might at last have found a queen for whom I could set the desert on fire.” A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston (ARC)

"You can only give your heart away once, after that, everything chases your first love." The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher 



OKAY. So 2015 was a pretty good year all in all. 

How was your year? I NEED MORE BLOGS TO FOLLOW! Leave me a link.

If you dare.


No comments:

Post a Comment