Friday, July 15, 2016

I'm Really Sorry I Didn't Finish That One Series || A Conversation Post



I have a love / hate relationship with series.


Our story goes a little like this: buy the first book (LOVEEEE IT WITH ALL MY SOUL). Next book doesn’t come out for five-odd years later. Forgets what happens in first book and is too lazy to re-read or even look at a book summary for the first book. Love for first book becomes inconsequential and I never finish the series.

Our story could also go a little like this: buy first book (LOOOOOOVE IT WITH ALL THAT I AM). All books are out (AND PROCEEDS TO BUY ALL THE BOOKS). Realizes that there a way more books than I thought there were. Now, this next step goes either one of two ways. One, I read all the books in one sitting, stopping for nothing more than shoving oxygen in my lungs and exhaling carbon dioxide. Or, two, I just stare at all the covers for the next five years because they’re all so dang pretty but I just don’t feel like making that kind of commitment.

I’m a little lazy and a little in love when it comes to books that aren’t stand-alones.

Let me just do a quick list of a few series I haven’t finished. Leave a comment if you recognize any, or if you can add a few of your own to the list!

-The Selection series by Kiera Cass-Rosemary Beach series by Abbi Glines-Daughters of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor-Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi-The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

It’s not that I don’t want to read the books exactly. I just get distracted. By all the pretty covers. OKAY. This isn’t as weird as it sounds. In series, the covers look alike. I like variation, so while I adore how all the covers look together, I just can’t get myself to get over the covers. When I have the choice between one-of-these-is-not-like-the-others, I’m going to go with that one.

It’s a not-so-awesome idiosyncrasy. Whoops?  


So, tell me, what are some series that you should really probably finish? And do you have any weird idiosyncrasies that make people look at you a little funny? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, same here! And I also haven't finished Shatter Me, The Selection, Beach series, and Mortal Instruments! Gah!

    Meet Your (Contemporary) Match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much to read! I'll get to them...eventually...LOL.

      Delete